Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Retro Renovation feature

I was spending my lunch break reading through a few DIY and house blogs yesterday and you can imagine my surprise when i stumbled across an image that was mistakenly my front entry! Looks like someone found the real estate listing and submitted the photos to retro renovation and they've featured it as part of their 'Time Capsule Homes' series.


Check out the comments section at the end of the article. Lots of love for this place. Also lots of people saying we have to keep and preserve everything! They obviously haven't lived in a house with 50 year old carpet. Pretty from afar but oh the dust! The curtains were literally held together by dust and disintegrated when we tried to clean them! I'm all for preserving the character and architectural integrity of the home but some things have just gotta change.

So check it out if you like. This is a fun blog that features all things retro.





2 comments:

  1. Hello Melinda,

    yes, I actually can imagine your surprise discovering your place on retro renovation time capsule. Like I said, the Hampton Roads area has very few homes on the market such as yours.

    I disagree with keeping everything. After all you are not living in a museum. Giggle. I would definately replace all curtains and perhaps even the rug. After all you do want to make the place yours.

    My best, Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: as a reference to days long gone by and the name of the street Gardner... I'd definately have an Ava Gardner corner in the pink bathroom. But hey, that's just me and I adore her.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete